Wednesday, July 22, 2009

taylor zimmerman dances in the rain

i have no idea who this young girl is. and no one needs me to re-report the news.

but this story sunk deep today.

taylor, a 14-year old girl from stillwater, goes outside in her swimsuit to dance in the rain yesterday (the same day my own boys stood outside feeling the raindrops in their little hands) and dies after being struck by lightning minutes later.

...

stunned is all i feel reading this.
...

tears for this little girl and her family. i am torn apart by this cruel universe and its apathy.

i grieve with you all today as a parent of three.

i'm so, so sorry.

Peace.

3 comments:

  1. she was my best friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. i have no words. i have grieved with you all in silence. may the memories always be warm when thinking of her.

    Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew Taylor so well she was my bestfriends sister and always made everything fun!

    ReplyDelete