Friday, July 31, 2009

fractured

[a poem written as an exercise in stream of consciousness while taking inspiration from the accompanying personal photograph]






fractured

we lay waste to what is fractured.
where will you meet me there?
the walls are crumbling around us. on what
shore will i find you when the wave has taken
us all away? what light will guide me there?
through what window should i look to see
your face when i have given up? what
glass must i break to be with you again?
its all there in front of me but no less
confusing. i was not prepared for this.
its dry, i'm tired, and silent.
i'm burning up and remember when i was
taken by the storm, and i would
take the salt on my tongue again as
i think back. its desperate here.
the empty space around me is both
desolate and heavy.
will it ever rain?

poetry and photography copyright 2009. shane oborn.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful shane. Love it all but this part reached in to the depths of my heart... Love, Jod

    what
    glass must i break to be with you again?
    its all there in front of me but no less
    confusing. i was not prepared for this.
    its dry, i'm tired, and silent.

    ReplyDelete